You are here:
Home > Departments > Memorial Affairs
Free County Graves
- Search for document to verify services for necessary funeral arrangements.
Indigent Burial Benefit
- Cleveland Memorial Gardens and West Park Cemeteries have graves located in veteran's sections for indigent veterans only.
VA Burial Benefit
- Veteran has no savings or insurance to cover the expense of his/her funeral.
- Family has no funds to pay the funeral bill in full.
- Funeral Home applies for benefit, maximum paid $999.00
- Funeral bill must not exceed $4,925.00.
- Veteran was in receipt of pension or compensation from the VA or died in a VA facility or VA contracted nursing home.
- The VA provides a U.S. flag at no cost, to drape the casket of a veteran who served honorably in the armed forces.
- The funeral home can arrange this for you.
Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery
Blue Star Service Banner
- The Department of Veterans Services provides the headstone at no charge. We will assist in filling out the application.
- If a veteran's grave marker needs to be reset, please notify the cemetery superintendent.
Presidential Memorial Certificate
- Families of service members that are called up to active duty in the military are entitled to a banner if they reside in Cuyahoga County.
- A certificate which bears the President's signature expressing the country's grateful recognition of the veteran's service in the armed forces. Applications are taken daily in our office.
- Supplied by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Locates DD214's for department or funeral homes to order military honors.
- Assists families with arranging memorial services.
**For information email: email@example.com