Ohio Veterans Home Tours
The Veterans Service Commission (VSC) takes eligible veterans to tour the Ohio Veterans Home in Sandusky OH
. We depart the VSC at approximately 8:30am on the scheduled day. Veterans will tour the facility, have lunch, and return to the VSC at approximately 2:30pm.
Veterans must meet the following criteria for residence at the Ohio Veterans Home:
- Have been an Ohio resident for one year.
- Have served on active duty during a time of war or armed conflict or be the recipient of the Purple Heart, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Navy/Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, or Southwest Asia Service Medal
- Have received their most recent discharge under honorable conditions
- Be disabled by disease, wounds, or otherwise and, by reason of such disability, incapable of earning a living. Individuals who are current drug and alcohol abusers, psychotics, or have active tuberculosis are not eligible for immediate admission.
The Veterans Service Commission will be taking individuals for Ohio Veterans Home Tours in Sandusky, Ohio on the following dates:
If you are interested in touring the facility, please give Social Work Case Management a call to schedule a tour 216.698.2629.
- February 18, 2016 (weather dependent)
- April 21, 2016
- June 16, 2016
- August 18, 2016
- October 20, 2016
- November 17, 2016 (weather dependent)